Updated: Jun 11
For gut health, We should aim to eat at least 30 different plants a week. This recipe will be a great start to reaching that target.
Download the recipe as a pdf below for easy saving and printing
Ingredients: (serves 6)
2 tbsp olive oil
Two onions diced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp mustard
1 tbsp medium curry powder
400g tin of chickpeas drained
100g lentils uncooked
Two medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
500ml Vegetable stock
400g tin chopped tomatoes
A small pack of coriander (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan, add the chopped onions and cook for a few minutes until softened.
2. Add the cumin, mustard and curry powder and cook for one more minute.
3. Stir in the lentils, sweet potatoes, veg stock and chopped tomatoes.
4. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 30 minutes until the lentils and sweet potatoes are tender (Add more liquid if necessary).
5. Add the drained tin of chickpeas, then heat through.
6. Season, sprinkle with coriander and serve with wholegrain rice +/- naan bread
Maria is a registered dietitian in Ireland and Bermuda. She is passionate about making diet and nutrition education accessible to all. We hope you enjoy these recipes, and please reach out and let us know if you make them. Dietetic appointments and services are available online; email firstname.lastname@example.org. Corporate wellness and health promotion services are available online in Cork, Kerry and Dublin.